If you have bought the best memory foam mattress, then you will be ensured of totally relaxing sleep because your weight will be uniformly dispersed upon it. To put it simply, these pricey mattresses deserve every cent you invest in them. You do have to keep in mind that you can not clean them simply like you clean regular mattresses considering that they are made of different products. Regular cleaning is extremely vital because they can harbor allergen, even if food, urine and other pollutants do not fall on them. The following suggestions will help you:
- Vacuum the mattress completely in order to get rid of dust and allergens. Make sure to run your vacuum cleaner all over it and the sides. It is best to use a hand held cleaner because this enables you to clean with care.
- The majority of mattresses have a cotton cover which can be eliminated. If the care directions specify that it can be cleaned, then you ought to do so.
- Mattresses are bound to absorb liquids no matter how careful you are. You can gently mist the mattress with an option of vinegar in water, making sure not to soak the mattress in it. This option will eliminate any recurring smells and will also help keep microbial growth under control. Let the mattress dry in the air prior to you cover it up once again.
- If urine has soaked into the mattress then you need to spray it with an option including liquid soap or use it with a towel took in the option. Leave the option in place for an hour or two otherwise it will not have the ability to do its work. Use a clean towel to weigh down on the spot in order to help take in all the wetness consisting of the urine. When you are pleased that many or all the urine has been eliminated then you can dry the mattress under a fan.
- Never ever soak your mattress in water actively because it is extremely absorbent and will take ages to dry. It will most likely get mold prior to it dries out
- If there is a damp spot on your mattress then baking soda powder can be used to it. It will draw the wetness out and can then be cleaned up away. It has the included benefit of helping eliminate bad smells.
As you can see, you can quickly keep your memory foam mattress clean by yourself. This will also help you extend the life of your mattress.
High quality mattresses have to be cared for well in order to ensure their long-lasting effectiveness and comfort. For even more mattress tips, check out http://www.bestmattress-brand.org/10-best-mattresses-of-2016-and-10-worst-rated-beds-avoid/.